Monday, June 1, 2009

Australiana

I have been having a lot of fun putting together elements and papers with a strong Australian theme that I hope will be used by folks who travel about our great country and then want to put together a travel album with all their pictures. As I have heaps of dusty pics in travel folders myself, I am also designing and developing things for me too. I'm hoping that if it works for me then it'll work for someone else as well.

Here is one of our travel pics taken just out of Kalgoorlie at the old bush two-up ring, now abandoned and falling into ruin. There is corrugated iron everywhere and that inspired me to create a corrugated iron background for my page.

The title, Come in Spinner, comes from the call made at the two-up as the person in the middle tossed the two pennies in the air. Bets were laid on how the coins would fall and fortunes were made and lost at the ring. Conditions there were never luxurious. The little picture at the bottom left is of a semi-circle of corrogated iron painted white with the sign 'LADIES' painted on it.


If you like the background, you can download it here.

Credits:
Fonts - Adler, Arial.
Grunge overlay - Pineapple Plantation Designs


If you do download, a little ‘love’ in the form of a note or comment would be appreciated.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

This is just wonderful Jan! I love the grunging and your layout using it is fantastic!

Diane said...

Jan, thanks for sharing this BG paper; it's really unique. Love it!!

Robyn said...

Jan,

What an EXCELLENT background for a page with an Australian flavour!