Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Creative Block

Do you ever hit a creative wall and find that your head contains not one useful idea on how to proceed? I did when I looked into the next folder in our family story. The images are all from my brother’s 60th birthday and I just couldn’t see how to go forward. I knew I wanted to do a digi-scrap first page followed by some OPs (other pages) but inspiration wasn’t coming. I’d already been through the images several times hoping the idea would jump out at me but this time that didn’t work.

So I did the absolute reverse, I went looking into my supplies and it was while I was in Digi-Scrap Princess’s Charity kit that I saw the filmstrip element and that gave me what I wanted – an idea! So here is my brother’s first page with the film strip holding images of him through the years.

If you like the idea, here are some sketches in square format, US letter and A4 for you to use and adapt. No download as they are only small sketches so feel free to right click and save.

Now I can get stuck into the OPs about Bro’s big day.

Credits:
Digi-Scrap Princess' Charity Kit
Font: Pristina

No comments: