Saturday, April 4, 2009

Make the most of a good background

Time to do the album pages for DG’s 3rd birthday. I digi-scrapped the first page and then used OP templates for the other pages. OPs can look very ordinary but if you carry over a great background, then they suddenly have lots of life and clearly all belong together as a set.

The background for this group of pages was made using a beautiful background paper from Robyn Littlejohn’s Essentials kit overlayed with a low opacity image of the birthday balloons. I used that same background in the OPs. I’ve mentioned how I do this before but it bears repeating. Set up the background, choose the OP template, drag it OVER the background layer and then crop and move pictures into place. Then delete the template layer and continue to embellish. In my case, I added a major element used on the first page to each OP which also helped bind them as a set.
It took me ages to make the digi-scrapped page but the OPs, two of which are shown here, were very quick.

Credits: Robyn Littlejohn’s kits: Essentials and A touch of Spring.
Font: Monotype Corsiva

The download has two version of the same A4 template as shown in the clip opposite.

Sorry, link has expired. Check the DustyD website instead.

5 comments:

KimR. said...

Jan, I love to use many pics on one page, so this template will come in handy! Your combination of Robyn's paper and the balloons is great!

DustyD said...

Thanks Kim. I hope you are able to use the A4 template. I'm not sure what size paper you use for everyday work but I thought it was probably US Letter size.

anitab said...

Your pages look great!
These look like templates I will enjoy using, although I'll need to 'resize' them - but I bet it won't be too hard...
Thank you for sharing!

Robyn said...

Jan,
Very pretty merged background with my paper and the balloons.
It's great that you are offering these time-saving templates.....they can be VERY useful!

Ellie said...

Wow! The paper with the overlayed balloons looks wonderful! It goes perfectly with the birthday photos, too.