Monday, April 6, 2009

Little pics on a 12x12 page

I am finally making a start on my DMIL’s memories book. For years she and DFIL lived in a house near the beach. When they left we took heaps of photos so she could remember how it was. This is one of the pages about that home.

All the pics on this page are 2in x 2 in. Here’s how I did the diamond shape crop in PSE7.
1. Open pic and immediately make a duplicate layer
2. Rotate the whole image 45 degrees right
3. Set crop to 2in by 2 in and make the crop in the duplicate layer
4. Rotate the whole image 45 degrees left
5. Copy the diamond shape over to the template. It should have a transparent background so you won’t have any extra white to worry about.


Credits: BG paper is my own, Font is Pristina. The download file has a flat 12in x 12in template.

Sorry, link has expired. Check the DustyD website instead.

4 comments:

anitab said...

Thank you so much for sharing your templates! I'm really glad I found your site - these are great!!

KimR. said...

Jan, I love the design of this with the diamond shapes! Thank you!

anitab said...

I've gone and downloaded all your templates (except the first one - doesn't seem to have a link?) - I love them all!! Thank you again!!

Phyldar said...

Thanks so much for sharing this template and the how to's on cropping the pics for it!