Sunday, March 15, 2009

Some of my favourite software tools

Here are some of the software tools that I use when making digital photo albums and pages:

  • Photoshop Elements - for image editing and page construction. Also used to create additional elements to embellish pages. Has a learning curve but there is lots of support and tutorials around to help out.
  • PowerPoint - seriously, I use this when I am making up very quick pages for the home albums. It has some useful graphic capabilities that are well worth learning
  • SnagIt - screen capture program that is getting more and more featured with each new version. It has a good editor and lots of features for enhancing images. I use it a lot when creating instructions and tutorials
  • ACDSee - image organiser
None of these are free but all have been well worth the price paid.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Jan,
I don't have ACDSee, but I know everyone raves about it. Do you have the Pro version, and if so is that necessary?

DustyD said...

I went with the home version as I am still wanting to be convinced it really is 'The Answer'. I would rather have stayed with Photoshop's own gallery software as it had great integration with PSE itself but I found it too slow and clunky. I'm dithering about pro. I'll explore it some more and let you know what I think.