Friday, March 20, 2009

In the midst of OPs there comes a DSP

This day’s work on the family album was very rewarding. I had already done a 12x12 layout for the next set of photos which was posted at the Digital Design Den (sadly now closed) and I just needed to convert it into an A4 page.

So here are the before and after images. The 12x12 version was done as a selective colouring challenge. By the time I got to the A4 version I was more interested in getting the page finished, printed and into the album. Hopefully the family won’t care that I didn't carry the idea across to the new photos.

The conversion is very simple. Open the 12x12, alter image size to 210mm wide, and then alter the canvas size to be 210mm wide and 297mm deep with the original image at the top of the page. Most times I can just stretch the background to fill the empty space at the bottom. Then the page has to finished off. This one just had some extra frames added but sometimes the balance of the page needs to be tweaked to accommodate the change in size and shape.

I used Sandy Collin’s ‘Exotic Rust’ kit to create the page. Fonts used are: Eccentric Std and Pristina.

....

No comments: