Saturday, March 14, 2009

Other Pages - OPs

What a difference a day makes. One day I am happily preparing A4 album pages of our south west trip to be printed off at home and the next I am preparing 12in x 12in pages for a commercially printed photo book for my DMiL for Mothers Day.

Can't blame anyone but myself unfortunately. DMiL had handed over packets of dusty negatives and DFiL's very dusty 35mm slide collection for me scan and when they were done, it just seemed like a great idea to turn them into something she really would look at, show to others and enjoy old memories. DH really liked the idea of a hard cover book and he chose the 12x12 format. What's a girl to do!

So now I am planning the book. It will have some lovely digital scrapbooked pages (DSPs) for the most important photos and then there will be lots and lots of other pages that are full of images but low on frills. These other pages (OPs) will still have a nice background and a little bit of embellishment to carry the theme but they are really photo album pages.

I've started to create templates for the 12x12 OPs so that I can put them together quickly. Here's one that is ready to go and I will share some more as time goes along.

These templates differ from the ones I'm doing for my home printed A4 pages in that these leave a half inch between the edge of the paper and the images. This stops images from falling into the deep middle of the book and spoiling the look of pages. In the A4 templates, I have them hard up against the edge as when they are printed, they will go into sleeves so I don't have to worry about them disappearing into the middle.

I will still work on the trip book as well so more A4 templates will also appear from time to time.

Sorry - download has expired

No comments: